Pages

Beauty | Lifestyle | Health

Tuesday 24 March 2015

NailHür Nails - Try Ons and Review

nail hur, samantha, batalash nails

nail hur, glamazon, stiletto nails

Up until recently I had always been dubious about sticking acrylic nails to my fingers. I knew the glue and removal process could sometimes be quite damaging and given my propensity to be a bit *ahem* rough I thought it was also quite likely I'd end up snapping my nail off and taking my real nail with it. I had heard Samantha from Batalash mention she had done a collaboration to get a set of acrylics of her signature style made.  Naturally I investigated that because who doesn't want some black Sam talons? I bought my first two sets on sale - yes you need to pay for shipping but even to New Zealand it's pretty minimal and the nail sets claim to be reusable - for $15 ND I thought even if I only got one use it was still cheaper than getting a set done here.aside from that shipping was super quick too.

For my first order I bought the Samantha and the Glamazon sets - both are stiletto nail styles and each set comes with 24 nails in various sizes. I was a little worried given my miniscule pinky finger they might not fit but there are extras inside each box for stupidly small fingers if you're like me too. They also come with glue, instructions and a nail file to shape your nails after you've applied them.

In terms of the nails themselves I loved them - I repurchased again before I'd even removed my first set. I've since also tried the Cosmo Chic set but found they didn't wear as well as the stiletto counterparts did. They're incredibly easy to apply - I just picked out which nail was going where, lined them all up in a row and then glued them on. The instructions tell you to apply a drop and then stick them on, I found if I spread the glue out a little more they applied better, we're less prone to popping off and the edges didn't peel or separate as quickly.

nail hur,  snap on nails


Both sets wore fantastcically but I especially liked the Samantha set, they were easier to file, felt like real nails and are quite flexible meaning they sit on top of your natural nail quite nicely.  The Glamazon was great too though a little harder to shape and the matte pink nails were showing a bit of wear around the edges after a week. However from normal nail observation distance (do you all get what I mean by that...?) they still got plenty of compliments.

In terms if removal it's very easy to get them off - I would recommend not being too heavy handed with the glue though as its better to have to reapply sooner rather than having to rip the nail off because it's growing out. All you need to do is soak your hands in hot water for a minute or two and gently pry the nail off with a cuticle stick. I usually did this after a week of wear, often the top of my natural nail was a little rougher than usual but again this really depends on how I aplied the glue and how long I'd been using acrylics for already. After about 5 weeks of continual use my nails are a bit weaker but all I needed to do was buff the top layer gently to get rid if any rough bits. I don't think I would recommend these to people with very brittle nails but if you are keen for acrylics I'd say these gems are the way to go. On the odd occasion that I did knock a nail about it usually just popped off leaving no real damage to my natural nail at all for those of you as clumsy as me.

I've got two sets of these nails waiting for me now - all up they create a very strong statement and are super fun to wear (who needs a tea spoon to get my tea bag out of my tea when I essential have tweezers on the end of my hands?!).

Would you try these? (For more photos of these nails check my instagram)

Claire x


SHARE:

1 comment:

A pipdig Blogger Template